Notes from the Principal's Desk. .
Sophomore Parents: Jostens Tonight
Don’t forget tonight, Wednesday, Sept. 12 from 4pm – 6pm in our front foyer of ON, Jostens will be here for you to come view the Class rings. Order forms were given to sophomores on Sept. 6, there will be extra packets available as well. Come by to check them out!
Back to Blog
What a great first week. For the most part the kids have been doing what they need to do to be successful. They are getting a feel for their schedule and the layout of the school. They know when they need to get to their next class or when they can stop and say hi to their friends, five minute passing periods is not a lot of time. We learned some new terms and the way school is going to run with a new bell schedule, Eagle Halftime, Advisory, Seminar, Office Hours A, and Office Hours B. They are learning, if you can be patience at lunch, with in 15-20 minutes there is no line for food. Overall we kicked in the door and the year is off and going.
Tonight we have the ON v OS Soccer game at ODAC. JV 5:00 and Varsity 7:00. after seeing the students today, I am assuming it is a white out!!!! One week from tonight is our first home football game. We will play Wichita Heights at 7:00pm at ODAC. Volleyball starts it season at Washburn Rural on Tuesday, girls golf and girls tennis get started on Wednesday. Good luck to all our athletes and coaches and the start of the fall season.
Activities and clubs are get ready for the start of the year. The band and drill team are gearing up for their field show. We will see it next week at halftime of the football game. The cheerleaders are ready to give this school a shot of school spirit and cheer on those Eagles!!!!
Here are some important announcements!!!
1) Assigned parking will begin Monday Aug. 28th. If you do not have a parking pass you cannot park on Olathe North property.
2) We will not sell a parking pass to any students that does not have their restricted/drivers license.
3) If another person is parked in your parking spot on Monday park on a curb and let the office know. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN ANOTHER ASSIGNED SPOT!!!!
4) Eagle Halftime has worked well and the kids are settling in. Stating next week we have club meetings and students will need to go see teachers for help. We will also start mandatory office hours for any students that have an F in any class.
5) Mr. Herman will be hosting student handbook/Student Code of Conduct talks in the auditorium next week. It is a mandatory meeting for all Olathe North students.