Notes from the Principal's Desk. .
Back to Blog
I wanted to share with you an update to the plan for making up the additional lost student contact hours from the Feb. 27 snow day. To make up these additional hours, we have decided that the April 12th Professional Development (PD) day will be switched to a full student contact day at the high school level. By doing this, we will meet the state required hours for grades 9-12. In working with the Kansas State Department of Education and our Board of Education, we formally changed the April 12th PD day to be a snow day “make up” date, which allows the district to receive some forgiveness hours in addition to the extra high school student contact time that day. With the April 12th change, and the additional forgiveness hours from the state, we will be able to reverse the May 22nd finals day back to a half day. Below are all the schedule changes that impact our high school students for the remainder of the year:
· At the high school level only, the Monday, March 18th Professional Development day was changed to a full day of school for students in grades 9-12.
· The Friday, April 12th Professional Development day will change to a full day of school for students in grades 9-12. Elementary and middle school will not have school this day and Professional Development will be held for staff at those grade levels.
· High school added 10 minutes to the beginning of the school day by starting the day at 7:50 a.m. each day of the week for all of 4th quarter.
· There will no longer be a late start on Thursdays during 4th quarter. Classes will begin at 7:50 a.m.
· Wednesday, May 22 (the second day of finals for grades 9-11) will go back to being a half day for high school students.
· High school buses will run on the same schedule as they have all year.
Again, these changes will only impact high school students. Elementary and middle school will remain with their current schedules for the remainder of the school year.
Let me know if you have any questions.