Notes from the Principal's Desk. .
Back to Blog
Scan the QR code to go directly to the voting page. Or enter https://997thepoint.radio.com/contest/2019-christmas-choir-competition#/thanks?submitted=true into your web browser. This process seems to be much more complicated this year. I believe you are only allowed to vote once.
Back to Blog
The Olathe Basketball Booster Clubs, along with the Basketball coaches at Olathe North High School would like to invite students and parents to “Late Night At The Nest” this year. This is quickly becoming a fun and exciting evening to kick off the Basketball season.
Late Night At The Nest will take place December 3, 2019, in the North Gym from 7:00 – 9:00pm. Doors will open at 6:30 with music, concessions, and the 50/50 raffle, and the program begins at 7:00pm. The cost is $2 a person and all proceeds go to help both Basketball programs. The night will be jammed packed with music, concessions, 50/50 raffle, an opportunity for everyone to meet the coaches and players, watch a scrimmage from both the girls and boys teams, see a slam dunk and 3-point shoot-out, and witness a dance off! We’ll even have the Eaglettes and cheerleaders to help maximize our spirit for the evening!
I hope you all will come support this event and show your ON pride!
Back to Blog
as you are approaching the weekend and perhaps doing some shopping, I wanted to let you know that my advisory will be doing a supply drive for the Olathe Animal Shelter. There are many items that they need and could use to keep the animals happy and healthy. I am going to attach the list if you would like to get started early. Our drive will officially begin just after Thanksgiving. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and stay warm.
Leticia C. Pitman
ELL Social Studies Teacher
Olathe North High School
"Be the change you wish to see in the World"
The Olathe Animal Shelter needs our help!
|File Size:||271 kb|
Next Thursday, our custodian Antonio will be setting up our giant tree in the front lobby so that our Center Based Resource students can come down Friday during their 4th hour IPS class to help decorate and get in the holiday spirit. For those of you new to Olathe North, we set this up each year as our Giving Tree and welcome donations of new hats, gloves, scarves, etc…so that students and families in need can take from the tree to help get them through the cold months of Winter. We will be inviting students in need to visit the tree All remaining items will be donated to ensure they are put to use.
If you are out and about this weekend, please consider grabbing some items – any size – to donate to our cause. Feel free to also spread the word to the rest of the community in case they want to bring in donations (new items only). Items can be dropped off with Jean in the office.
Thanks so much 😊
Please vote here today and every day! http://battleofthebrainskc.com/vote/
You must set up an account in order to vote. Please share this will all of your classes today and share on social media.
Order form is attached to this blog. Please have the order form completed and turned in by Dec. 6th.
1. Flag Parade: Flags that represents all of the countries represented through our student body.
2. Center Based Resource students dancing with Eaglettes.
3. Feminist Club Poem: "The Empowered Woman"
4. Asian Culture Club: Bollywood Dance Medley
5. GSA Club: Introduction of famous people in history that regardless of sexual orientation have impacted our society, (Sir Elton John, Sappho, David Bowie, Pete Buttgieg, Ellen Degeneres, Monica Helms, Alan Turing, Billy Tipton, Frida Kahlo The Baron Von Steuben and Virginia Woolf)
6.Kyren Madison sang an original song "I Don't Know"
7. AVID: Seat-belt Safety Campaign (Officer Reed)
8. Karen Moussa a Syrian student that spoke about how Olathe North has impacted her.
9. Fellowship of Christian Athletes: What the club is and invited students to attend.
10. ON Baseball: Baseball is an american pastime
11. Hispanic Leadership Club: Quince Dresses worn at Quinceaneras.
12. Olathe North Low Rider Bike Club: Showing the bikes they have built.
13. Latina Leadership Club: Read a poem called "XX"
14. Hispanic Leadership Club: Huapango and Paso de Rodeo line dances.
15: Olathe North Alma Mater